Sunday, September 6, 2009

Trip to Circle on the Yukon
















I did an overnight bike tour out the Steese highway to Circle on Friday and Saturday here are some pictures. Look for the hidden owl, moose, and Ingrid. (There are river otters in one of the pictures too but I don't think you'll be able to see them). I was charged by a moose at 2am but I had my bear-spray handy and it turned away. Four owls screeched all night--one time landing 10 feet away from me. I turned back before Circle--too many trucks up the road for the first week of the moose hunt. A man named Dave Champ who lives in a broken down schoolbus gave me water on the trip back.




2 comments:

Scott Abbott said...

What an adventure, and good pictures Ben. Love you. Dad

Scott Abbott said...

Bet there's a story behind that burnt-out pickup and exercycle!