Monday, February 23, 2009

Salivation Station

My mouth for the duration of this monday has been a Salivation Station. Chocolates and good music are to blame. I'm not in the position to share my chocolate with many of you (and I might not anyway, I have a strange reluctance to share food... I'm trying to overcome it, and my roommate Mike is helping) but I can "share" the tunes that are lulling my stress headache to sleep with you. I discovered these three through a good friend, and a good friend's ipod. The setting was a lazy evening after juggling a soccer ball with Dan and Tim all afternoon. We played Donkey for a while, and I went butts up twice. Luckily Dan and Tim can't shoot worth lentils, and I only got hit once. I was tired and in the mood to vegitate. The idea of frosties came up. I agreed numbly, and after a cold chocolatey sugar rush I couldn't think of anything better than a oober-mellow music party. What resulted were three giants.
"Stars" A band from Canada that's hard to find on the web, and harder to understand why they aren't known around the world.
"Of Montreal" Used to be Ben's favorite band. Figures.
"Radical Face" Some dude from Florida who records his music in a tool shed.
Can't think of anything better than spending time with you all. Tom and Kelsey, I peed my pants a little in excited anticipation of spending a week and a half with you. Good luck on your baptism Kade, I'll be there cheering for you.
What if I titled this "Salvation Station" Would my message need to change to fit that title? I wonder who chose
to name salivation and salvation. Must have been a religious chef.







1 comment:

Scott Abbott said...

Beautiful, tasty, spiritual, and punny!